- Broker Directory
- My Tools
- News & Advice
- Market Trends
- Other GN Sites
While rents in Dubai have shot up in the past years, forcing some residents to seek refuge in other emirates like Sharjah and Ajman, there remains some residential communities that will not take a bite out of your budget.
• Al Nahda – Located on the border of Dubai, its residential options mostly consist of apartments, some very spacious and well equipped with pools, gyms, private parking areas and other amenities. It also has hospitals, shops and parks. However, traffic congestion and noise pollution during peak hours are some of the area's downsides.
• The Greens – Offering a wide range of amenities and facilities, it comprises apartments in spacious mid-rise buildings set amidst a well-landscaped, family friendly environment. Its amenities include gyms, swimming pools, community halls and barbeque areas. It also has restaurants and small retail outlets. Although it is centrally located with easy accessibility to Shaikh Zayed and Shaikh Mohammad bin Zayed Roads, it lacks access to a metro station.
• Deira and Bur Dubai (including Karama) – These old districts are centrally located and have a huge variety of apartments in areas located to a cache of schools, hospitals, major malls and grocery stores. There are several metro stations in these areas. Buses, taxis, and even abras and water taxis are easily found here. The flip side is that the streets in these areas are congested during peak hours.
• Discovery Gardens – A freehold residential project showcasing budget-friendly apartment units, it is located near Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai Marina, Dubai Media City and Dubai Internet City with easy accessibility to public transport. The area is well-landscaped and is dotted with modern conveniences. However, some apartment blocks do not have swimming pools and gyms.
• International City - Situated on the corner of Shaikh Mohammad bin Zayed and Al Khail Roads, it has a good variety of apartments plus modern conveniences. The area lacks good public infrastructure though, including access to the Metro. It could also make use of better landscaping and improved sewage system.
• International Media Production Zone (IMPZ) - Located near Jebel Ali Port, it is ideal for those working in free zones. It is also near Dubai Sports City and Arabian Ranches.
• Old districts Deira and Bur Dubai are conveniently accessed via Dubai Metro
• International City has several residential options for different income groups
• International Media Production Zone is ideal for those working in free zones
Also get the commercial leasing options in Dubai
Source: Saadiya Ahmad, Special to Properties
The writer is a freelancer