- Broker Directory
- My Tools
- News & Advice
- Market Trends
- Other GN Sites
Cityscape Global, which concluded last week, showcased what was arguably the most impressive collection of new projects seen in recent years. Led by the UAE's biggest developers, the event hosted 280 exhibitors from 28 countries.
''This year's edition has been one of the busiest we have experienced in years, with dozens of major announcements made from exhibitors the world over,'' said Wouter Molman, Director of Cityscape Group. ''The future certainly looks bright for real estate, not only locally but globally, and we look forward to building on the success of Cityscape Global for many years to come.''
Here are some of the projects announced during the three-day exhibition.
- Al Zorah is described by its developer, Al Zorah Development Company, as an ''organically connected lifestyle development''. Located along the coastline of Ajman, it features the Golf Villas, a gated community with rooftop terraces and an 18-hole golf course by Nicklaus Design.
- Danube Group announced the sale of a limited number of units from its Dreamz by Danube project. The company also presented its second venture, Glitz Residence in Dubai Studio City, slated to be launched later this year.
- Deyaar Development presented Midtown by Deyaar, a mixed-use development near Jumeirah Golf Estates. The project features 27 buildings that share a one-level podium covering retail, parking and essential services.
- Dubai Properties (DP) launched Dubai Wharf and Maram Residence. It also launched a new waterfront hotel in Culture Village, set to open in 2018 and operated by Anantara Resorts and Spa. Dubai Holding, the parent company of DP, also presented details of the recently launched Mall of the World.
- Falconcity of Wonders (FCW) is nearing completion of a 17,500-sq-m Community Centre, which will consist of a medical centre, children's nursery, community playground, hypermarket, food court and a mosque. FCW is a multipurpose mega project in Dubailand.
- Indigo Properties' Zen development is spread across 4.5 million sq ft in Dubai Golf City. Zen, the developer's biggest project, will include retail areas, clubhouses, several parks, play areas, jogging tracks, meditation areas, sunken pavilions and covered outdoor seating. Construction will start early next year and will be completed in 24-28 months.
- Omniyat revealed three projects worth Dh3.5 billion, including One at Palm Jumeirah. The other developments are both residential freehold projects — The Sterling in Downtown Dubai and Anwa in Dubai Maritime City.
- Targeting Arab investors looking for property in London, Chestertons unveiled London Dock, which will include buildings set in six acres of landscaped public open space. Chestertons also presented a new phase of the Fulham Reach project and the Beaufort Park. Prices of the properties will range from $540,000 (Dh1.98 million) to $13 million.
- New World Development announced the sale of Marwa Homes in Jumeirah Village Community. Phase one com prises 14 town houses scheduled for delivery in December. The G+2 town houses will each have its own elevator.
- Meraas Holding's La Mer mixed-use development will spread across 9.5 million sq ft of existing and reclaimed land in the Jumeirah district. Construction will start in the fourth quarter. La Mer will comprise four zones featuring commercial, leisure, residential and hospitality components.
- Meydan Group announced the Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City — District Eleven and Meydan Avenue, both mixed-use developments. The former is a suburban community development with parks, private schools and retail businesses near Shaikh Mohammad Bin Zayed Road. Previously known as Diamond Business Park, Meydan Avenue is located close to The Meydan Hotel, Racecourse and Grandstand.
- Nakheel's Jumeirah Heights Fronds at the northern edge of the Jumeirah Islands development will be a lakeside residential complex of more than 1,400 apartments and villas. Nakheel also launched The Palm Gateway, a three-tower waterfront complex with more than 1,300 homes. Both will offer property for leasing.
- Damac Properties announced its fourth project in Dubai, Paramount Hotel Dubai, Downtown. The 1,250-key hotel will be the third largest in Dubai and will feature high-tech media mapping and digital signage to integrate elements of Paramount Pictures movies. Located in Downtown Dubai, the hotel is set to open in 2018. The developer also presented its Akoya Oxygen project in Dubailand.
- RAK Properties showcased Bermuda Villas, its latest upscale residential community located in Mina Al Arab, the developer's luxury waterfront community development in Ras Al Khaimah. Bermuda Villas will consist of 157 two to six-bedroom residences.
- United Developers' $1.25-billion Place Vendôme is a Parisian-inspired mixed use development slated for completion in the third quarter of 2017. The 800,000-sq-m development is located 10km from the centre of Doha, Qatar.
Click on Dubai Properties who announced hotel project at Cityscape
Source: Jobannie Tabada, Subeditor, Property Weekly