- Broker Directory
- My Tools
- News & Advice
- Market Trends
- Other GN Sites
Before you take the plunge and hire a property manager for your property, read on to help you better choose the right candidate for the job.
• Get referrals – Take time to speak to a few local real estate agents and property owners in your emirate. Ask direct questions and take direct referrals as to who they are using.
• Conduct an online search – Browse the Internet for the property management firm that will meet your requirements. Depending on the size and location of your property, some will provide an active listing of property management companies available in your locality.
• Read reviews – If you have narrowed down a few property management companies, search for online reviews or feedback from their past and current clients.
• Read current ads – Scrutinise some of the property manager's current rental ads. Check to ensure they offer professional service and they are advertising on a broad area of space, not just free online sources.
• See the managed properties – Take time out to go and actually visit some of the areas your preferred management company is managing. Check the buildings for cleanliness and proper maintenance. Also, it does not hurt to chat with a few of the tenants living in the buildings. Are requests for repairs being taken care of efficiently and promptly?
• Interview people – Screen several property managers/management companies to help you find the one you are most comfortable to have a relationship with regard to your property. This will also help you gauge who has a proper proven plan of action in place and knows his or her job well.
• Management agreement – Before you hand over your coveted property to a management company, pay attention to the extent of its services provided, any extra fees and your responsibilities as the owner.
• Pick a management firm that is conversant with UAE realty laws
• Scrutinise some of the property manager’s current rental ads
• Pay attention to the specific services provided, any extra fees
Get tips on unlocking your home's value
Source: Saadiya Ahmad, Special to Properties
The writer is a freelancer