- Broker Directory
- My Tools
- News & Advice
- Market Trends
- Other GN Sites
Nowadays, interior design peeps into bathrooms as well, considering that it is one of the sections at home where one can relax. A modern bathroom has a walk-in wardrobe, dressing area, wash basin, tub and shower area, among other elements, arranged based on any design theme.
Here are some tips that will help you keep your private corner unique and exclusive, whether you are adding a bathroom or renovating an existing one:
• Be clear about the concept/theme during the planning stage. Identify the number of bathrooms in the house, the amenities that you need, the type of building materials that you prefer and the amount that you are ready to spend for a bathroom.
• Give priority to function first rather than beauty when you design your bathroom. Keep it simple to make cleaning easy. Wall-mounted wash basins and closets will be helpful to a great extent in this context.
• The cost of a bathroom depends on many factors including the sanitary ware and tiles that you use. If you prefer a designer bathroom, the cost is expectedly higher. However, do not get blinded by the look and style, and compromise on the quality of materials just because you want to cut costs.
• No matter how small the bathroom is, it is a good idea to separate the wet area from the dry one. Using glass partition is the most popular option for this. But, if you want a budget-friendly option, try creating different floor levels or using a shower curtain.
• Highlighting a single wall is another trend in bathroom interiors. You can try painting, cladding or water-resistant wallpaper for this. Using colorful sanitary ware will also help keep your bathroom stand out from the traditional white concept.
• Designate specific spaces for each function during the planning stage. Most importantly, be clear about the area of the bathroom so that you can arrange everything accordingly. Think about the lighting needs and air exhaust as well.
Being creative and trying out unique ideas will help you have a wonderful day-to-day experience inside the four walls of your intimate space.
• When designing your bathroom, give priority to function rather than beauty
• Separate the wet area from the dry one using glass partitions or shower curtains
• Highlight a single wall by painting it a different hue or adding colorful wallpaper
Source: Asha Das, Special to Properties
The writer is a freelancer