- Broker Directory
- My Tools
- News & Advice
- Market Trends
- Other GN Sites
An innovative and well-maintained area solely for entertainment can add more fun to your life. You can watch movies, play games, listen to music and arrange family get-togethers in this separate room for leisure activities without disturbing others.
• Budget and location – If you have the budget, create a separate entertainment room. However, you can combine the living area and family room into a single space.
• Lighting scheme – Lighting plays a vital part in setting the mood of the space. Minimal lighting always does the trick for entertainment rooms. Use soft and dim lights with dimmer switches in the room and install them in the right locations.
• Sound system – A quality sound system is very important as this will create the ultimate audio experience inside the theatre room. Use sound-absorbing materials like carpets, rugs, thick curtains and acoustic panels so that the noise will not disturb other rooms.
• Right screen size – Choose a screen according to the size of the room. Also, take proper care in determining the distance from the screen to the seating area. Keep in mind not to place the screen too far or too close.
• Seating arrangement – Select furniture according to the available space and its comfort factor to everyone, young and old. Arrange it in such a way that it will not look overcrowded.
• Storage system – It is important to keep the room neat and well-organised. Store magazines, game consoles, CDs and DVDs in attractive boxes for easy stacking and to keep them dust-free.
• Control the cords – Faulty wirings can cause fires while a tangle of cords can cause tripping incidents and make the room appear cluttered. Have faulty wires replaced and hide wires by using wire baskets, or installing conduits or cable tunnels.
• Personalise the decor – Choose paintings, wall hangings, photo frames and collectibles that match your taste and personality. Decorate the room with accessories that go well with the colour and design.
Relax in your dream home entertainment area and have loads of fun.
• Plan your home's entertainment zone according to your allocated budget
• Pick a quality sound system and the right furniture for ultimate enjoyment
• Keep the area clutter-free and well-organised with a good storage system
Get tips on adding oomph to a stark, blank wall
Source: Asha Das, Special to Properties
The writer is a freelancer