- Broker Directory
- My Tools
- News & Advice
- Market Trends
- Other GN Sites
The humankind has always been fascinated with mirrors since ancient times. The inspiration was drawn when people would use objects like brass or water to look at their reflections.
Mirrors are not only used to decorate homes, but also as feng shui cures. They serve as an expression of the water feng shui element energy. When placed in areas of the house that can benefit from them, they are believed to bring wealth, luck and prosperity to the household. Balance the energy around you and enhance positivity in your house with the correct placement of mirrors.
• Place a mirror on both sides of your cash drawer or safe to reflect cash or jewelry. This will pull more money energy and prosperity.
• Put a mirror on the northern wall of the house. Position it in such a way that it does not directly face the door. Putting an attractive mirror near the entryway is a gracious step to welcome positive chi into your home. Some people love to place a mirror opposite the front door. Little do they realize that this pushes the energy right back out the door, without even allowing it to enter the house.
• Avoid mirrors in the southwest side of the house as this may cause delays and relationship problems.
• If you have a small foyer or passage in the east or north side of your residence, install a full mirror, either horizontally or vertically, to open and visually brighten up the space.
• Avoid placing mirrors in areas where they reflect toilet seats, flames in the kitchen, clutter, sharp corners, distorted images or garbage bins to diminish negative chi.
• Ideally, there should be no mirrors in the bedroom as these cause sleepless nights and restlessness. If you cannot avoid this, install it on the inner door of a closet, or position the dressing table on the northern part of the bedroom away from the bed.
• Mirrors are best placed in the living and dining areas if they are in the north or east direction. Mirrors that reflect food on the dining table symbolize wealth and abundance, believed to magnify a household's fortune.
• Mirrors represent the water feng shui element energy believed to bring wealth
• Keep mirrors spotless to avoid distortion and diminish negative chi at home
• Avoid placing mirrors in areas where they reflect toilet seats, among others
Here are some bright ideas to light up any space at home
Source: Diiptii Tauranii, Special to Properties
The writer is a freelancer