- Broker Directory
- My Tools
- News & Advice
- Market Trends
- Other GN Sites
Home is where the heart is. Regardless of size, there are many exciting ways to spruce up a property to give it a new look or design. For an outdoor space, which is considered the ''face'' of the house, some fairly inexpensive ideas can make it the ideal place for gatherings or for just relaxing.
• Porch/patio/deck – To create a warm welcome to guests, decorate it with homey quotes (frames or doormats), good luck symbols, chimes, potted plants or bonsais. Add the appropriate furniture like chaises or rocking chairs in aluminum, steel, all-weather wicker, wrought iron, wood or teak material. Install charming lighting to give it a beautiful ambience. But remember not to be too excessive to the point that you obstruct the flow of traffic.
• Garden – Create an interesting garden to define the open spaces around your house. Choose flowering plants, verdant turf, trees and shrubs for a lovely outdoor setting. If there is more space, add an attractive gazebo, pagoda or pergola, a water fountain or a decorative rock bed to give drama to a rather empty space.
• Lawn – A manicured lawn is refreshing to the eye. Install interesting lighting fixtures to highlight this outdoor area and add charm to it. There are many choices to choose from, from string lights to floodlights, depending on the purpose. You may opt for LED lights and solar-powered lights for cost and energy efficiency. If you are the kind who likes outdoor barbecues and parties, incorporate tables, chairs or benches into the design. Make sure the furniture is made of durable material that can withstand extreme weather conditions.
• Garage – Though it can be an extension of your storage space, do not overload its corners with miscellaneous items. Keep it organised and tidy.
Make your dwelling place a haven to go home to. Invest in easy and low maintenance makeovers from time to time to give it a polished look.
• There are a million easy and interesting ways to spruce up an outdoor area
• Charming lighting, durable furniture and unique decor make a huge difference
• Ensure the furniture is durable enough to withstand various weather conditions
Get more ideas on how to perk up the outdoors
Source: Alfred Ocianas, Special to Properties
The writer is a freelancer