- Broker Directory
- My Tools
- News & Advice
- Market Trends
- Other GN Sites
Feng shui is beyond the misconception of placing objects like wind chimes, laughing Buddha, money frog and others. The basic principle governing feng shui is chi, the vital force or energy that activates everything.
Poor energy flow results in the imbalance of the five elements – earth, metal, fire, wood and water – the driving forces of our life.
Using colour is one of the easiest ways to shift the energy in your home in order to create a positive feng shui. Each colour is an expression of the five elements.
On a circle of 360 degrees, stand at the centre point of your house, identify all the eight directions and divide them into an angle of 45 degrees each. Once you know where the north, northeast, east, southeast, south, southwest, west and northwest are, balance them with colour as per the below tips:
• Balance the fire element in the south with the shades of red, orange, purple, pink or bright yellow to bring in supporting energy to all your career efforts and fame. Avoid the shades of water and metal.
• Balance the northeast and southwest earth element with light yellow, sandy beige and sandy mushroom colours to help create stability and protect your relationships, health and inner balance. Avoid the shades of water and wood.
• Balance the west and northwest metal element with grey, white, gold and silver colours to bring sharpness, precision and efficiency. Avoid fire and wood shades.
• Enhance the water element, which is wealth, in the north to bring a refreshing energy of calm, ease, purity and freshness. Use the shades of blue, aqua or moderate black. Fountains and mirrors are also excellent. Avoid fire and earth shades.
• Enhance the wood element in the east and southeast to bring the energy of vibrant health, vitality, growth and abundance. Energise the areas with bamboo plants, and the colours of brown and green. Avoid earth and metal shades.
• Applying colour is the easiest way to promote positive feng shui at home
• Poor energy is caused by imbalance of earth, metal, fire, wood, water elements
• Bamboo plants can boost the wood element in house’s east, southeast areas
Source: Deiptii Taurannii, Special to Properties
The writer is a freelancer