- Broker Directory
- My Tools
- News & Advice
- Market Trends
- Other GN Sites
Serviced or hotel apartments combine comfort and amenities with economy. While already popular with business travelers, they have also now become popular with leisure travelers and others, like those who are looking for short-term accommodation while their house is being renovated or when they have just relocated to a new city.
The advantages of staying in a hotel apartment are multifold.
• Hotel apartments are almost always double the size of an average-sized hotel room. Whether you choose a studio or a two or three-bedroom apartment, you will have enough space for your needs.
• Hotel apartments are fully equipped and provide one with all the amenities like a kitchen with dishwasher, washer and dryer, iron and ironing board besides state-of-the-art home entertainment systems.
• While a hotel is great for a while, after a few days, one begins to miss the relaxed comfort of a home.
• If you are sick and tired of eating every meal in a restaurant, you can always whip up your own meal in the comfort of your kitchen. This way, it is more cost effective than a hotel as one can save big bucks on food.
• It is ideal if you are travelling in a group as a hotel charges for single or double occupancy while an apartment is charged per apartment, whether it is being used by two or five persons.
• One can also enjoy the benefits of daily or weekly maid services, linen changes, and swimming pools and fitness centers depending on the hotel apartment.
• They are ideal for short, medium or long-term stays.
There are a lot of references and websites that are good sources of obtaining information on hotel apartments. In Dubai, they can cost anything from Dh150 per night for the basic ones to Dh1,000 to Dh2,500 for more luxurious ones.
• Compared to hotels, hotel apartments provide a kitchen, etc.
• They are a lot cheaper and great for people travelling in groups
• Ideal for short to long-term stays, they are also more spacious
Source: Binu Sivan, Special to Properties
The writer is a freelancer