- Broker Directory
- My Tools
- News & Advice
- Market Trends
- Other GN Sites
In the past few years, Dubai had experienced a first-hand “bull” property cycle. And after winning the Expo 2020 hosting bid, new commercial and residential towers have sprung up in the city overnight, adding to the existing ones. Global investors who are still in search of business locations may consider the following commercial hotspots in the city:
• Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) is a hub for banks, funding institutions and companies dealing in financial services. Replete with hotels, restaurants, cafés, art galleries and retail centers, this free zone houses the top financial companies of the world.
• Business Bay is another popular and upcoming business district located right in the heart of Dubai. Characterized by skyscrapers with top-quality infrastructure and amenities, it is serviced by its very own Business Bay Metro Station.
• Emaar Square is a cluster of six towers strategically located in Downtown Dubai. This sought-after business district, with a structured and modern feel, overlooks the city’s other prime commercial districts Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) and DIFC.
• Emaar Business Park is an office complex located along Shaikh Zayed Road. Its key positives include superior connectivity, and the presence of several food outlets and amenities around the area.
• Dubai Internet City (DIC) and Dubai Media City (DMC), located on the opposite side of Emaar Business Park, are busy commercial free zones. DIC is an information technology park, while DMC houses some of the globally renowned media companies.
• Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA) and Dubai Airport Free Zone Authority (DAFZA) are large and flourishing free zones located in the Jebel Ali and Dubai airport areas. Some of their characteristic features include world-class infrastructure and topnotch facilities
• DIFC not only houses financial firms but also retail centers, etc.
• Emaar Square enjoys a strategic location being in Downtown Dubai
• Business Bay is a thriving business spot with a metro station nearby
Check out related story that is about Identifying the Ideal Business Location
Source: Priyanka Wade, Special to Properties
The writer is a freelancer